If you consider yourself a seasoned indoor air quality consultant, then you’ll want to obtain the Council- Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) designation. The CIEC is offered by the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC) and is accredited by the Council of Engineering & Scientific Specialty Boards. Here is the important point… The CIEC is the most prestigious certification specific to indoor air quality consulting.
Applicants interested in the Council-Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) must possess one of the following combinations of eight (8) years education and relevant field experience:
- No degree, with at least eight (8) years of documented field experience conducting indoor air quality investigations. (High school diploma or GED required.)
- A 2-year post-secondary degree or its equivalent (15 credit hours) in engineering, science, architecture, industrial hygiene or related field of science with a minimum of six (6) years of documented field experience conducting indoor air quality investigations.
- A 4-year post-secondary degree or its equivalent (30 credit hours) in engineering, science, architecture, industrial hygiene or related field of science with a minimum of four (4) years of documented field experience conducting indoor air quality investigations.
Also, CIEC Applicants must demonstrate experience in several areas of IAQ. Experience should include investigations, consulting and project management and/or report writing, and must come from at least three of the following five areas:
- Building Sciences
To get started, you’ll want to register for our class (see below) and fill out an ACAC application.
Get Prepared with an Upcoming Class
Indoor Sciences has classes that will prepare you for the Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) certification. In fact, our class was reviewed and approved by the Indoor Air Quality Association. Although many refer to our class as being the “CIEC Course”, it’s official name is the “IAQA Indoor Environmentalist Course”.
Because there is a significant amount of similarity with the CIE certification, we teach a single class that prepares students for both the CIE and CIEC certifications. We teach the class both online and onsite. Here are our upcoming on-site dates:
- February 21-22, 2018 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- May 16-17, 2018 Phoenix, AZ
- August 15-16, 2018 Chicago, IL
- November 14-15, 2018 San Francisco, CA
- (also available as an online course!)
Our online course includes pre-recorded videos that are viewable at any time from any computer, or even an iPad. Work through about 32 hours of content at your own pace to complete the online course. You’ll have access to the videos for 90 days, but please note that you will receive a course manual that you permanently keep for future reference.
The course costs $795. IAQA members receive a $100 discount.
To register for an ONSITE class, call us at (312)920-9393 or click this link: CIEC On-site Registration.
To register for the ONLINE class, call us at (312)920-9393 or click this link: CIEC Online Registration.
The classes above include our CIEC practice exam. If you would like to take our practice exam by itself, the cost is $199. To sign up, click this link: CIEC Practice Exam. Please note that the practice exam does not explain why the correct answers are correct and the wrong answers are wrong.
If you would like more information on this course, consider clicking on one of the following links:
- Our guarantee that you’ll pass
- Comprehensive topic list for the course
- Cancellation and refund policy
It is your responsibility to notify us in writing if you would like us to report your continuing education directly to a state licensing agency (e.g. FL Dept. of Professional Regulation) or professional organization.